Unless the manufacturer of your appliance recommends differently, you should have your oil boiler serviced annually and you oil fired cooker every six months.
Regular servicing will ensure that your oil fired appliances operate at their most efficient. We recommend you use an OFTEC registered technician. Go to www.oftec.org and click on the link to find an approved technician in your local area.
A regularly maintained and serviced boiler or cooker will:
- Ensure your oil appliance remains safe
- Improve efficiency
- Improve reliability
- Minimise inconvenient and costly breakdowns
- Maximise the operating life of the boiler
- Save on fuel and help reduce heating costs
- Protect the environment and your home by reducing the emission of harmful fumes
- Save money on repairs
- Reduce your heating costs
OFTEC, who are the leading association for the Oil Heating and Cooking Industry, have a Home guide leaflet available on their website, you can view it by clicking on the following link: http://www.oftec.org/Media/Default/DocGalleries/OFTEC%20Homes%20Guides/OFTEC_HomeGuide_OilServicing_Pub48.pdf